Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Great Mother's Day Gift Ideas

As I just realize Mother's Day is just around the corner, and begin to scramble to figure out what to get my mother and mother-in-law, I realize I'm not the only one in this predicament.  Of course, My first suggestion to my faithful ones out there would be to buy your mother something from Dayna Lane Gifts!  :)  However, I do like to branch out, and let you know of other artisians out there that we meet on on travels (ie local craft fairs that give us nothing better to do that chit chat with those around us).  The most recent ones we met were a couple based out of Gainesville too.  They have two separate companies, which works perfect for them since one could sell you a gift for a Mother of a human child, and the other a gift for a Mother of an "ine" child (as in feline, canine, etc).

First is The Two Beans, (Amy) who makes these beautiful hand stamped pieces.  She has all different shaped charms, and will stamp them with whatever saying or name you wish, and will even add Swarovski crystal accents (perfect to represent the kids birthdays, anniversarys, etc.)




Next, is BowWow Couture (Anne) which makes handstiched collars for your pets.  My favorite are the ones with the detachable flower.  They had their little Min-pin/Chihuahua mix "Mouse" there rocking one of these, and we fell in love (of course, Mouse's personality may have contributed just a smidge).




So if you are too cramped for time to make something yourself this year (and I will be posting some ideas this week for that as well), check us all out.  Remember, if you can't make it yourself, still try to keep it personal and handmade by using a local artisian or one found on Etsy.  These one of a kind gifts are more heartfelt and unique than any garbage you'll find at a box store....I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment